Saturday 14 February 2015

My favourite movies 2014

As I have recently just come back to blogging I thought I would write some posts on my favourite movies of 2014.

These are just my own personal favourites so if you don't agree that's fine, il start off with this post about one of my absolute favourites.

Under the skin 


I absolutely loved this low budget British movie from Jonathan Glazer. Set in Glasgow, Scarlett Johansson plays an alien using the disguise of a human woman to lure men with sexual provocation to be harvested, for what? We are never told. 

It is filmed beautifully and although sometimes in this film you feel as you you have to look away the cinematography makes you feel as though you want to see more.

I also feel that Scarlett Johansson deserved some recognition for this film, her accent is spot on, she actually went around Glasgow driving the van amongst real people with a camera filming, people who didn't for one second think they were talking to a huge movie star, believing her to be a genuine Scottish van driver. 
Under the skin should be on everyone's movies of 2014 list. There is nothing else like this out there and it is haunting and mesmerising at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment